Common Ground for Texans—an all volunteer organization—depends solely on contributions from supporters. Please donate today!
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The CG4TX Civility PledgeAs a member or supporter of Common Ground for Texans, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
- Coming Events
- MMD-PR: multi-member districts with proportional representation 2018/02/12
- CG4TX February 2018 meeting: “What do rural and urban Central Texas have in common?” 2018/02/09
- CG4TX January 2018 meeting: “Endorsed by God? Blending Religion and Politics” 2018/01/07
- CG4TX November 2017 Meeting on Weather and Climate in Texas and Beyond 2017/11/07
- CG4TX October 2017 meeting on CodeNEXT from multiple district perspectives 2017/10/23
Tag Archives: proportional representation
Gerrymandering is a hot topic right now, with some significant cases recently decided, and a Supreme Court ruling expected by June in the case of Gill v. Whitford, which may settle big questions about partisan gerrymandering. A “Geometry of Redistricting … Continue reading
Today we publish a new Common Ground for Texans white paper on voting systems. “Better Choices for Voters: Exploring Alternatives to Plurality Voting” offers an overview of several of the most-discussed voting-system reforms, including instant-runoff voting, proportional representation, the single … Continue reading