Common Ground for Texans—an all volunteer organization—depends solely on contributions from supporters. Please donate today!
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The CG4TX Civility PledgeAs a member or supporter of Common Ground for Texans, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
- CG4TX November 2017 Meeting on Weather and Climate in Texas and Beyond 2017/11/07
- CG4TX October 2017 meeting on CodeNEXT from multiple district perspectives 2017/10/23
- CG4TX September 2017 meeting on the Mayor’s Task Force on Institutional Racism and Systemic Inequities 2017/10/10
- The new front in the gerrymandering wars 2017/09/28
- How to have true conversations with people we disagree with 2017/07/09
Tag Archives: national popular vote
We have some good news! Rep. Ina Minjarez (D-San Antonio) has submitted a bill for Texas to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. The bill number is HB 496. Please email, call, or write to your state rep to … Continue reading
On Saturday, September 12, we held a meeting on the subject of the Electoral College — how it works, its history, and what to do about it. I was honored to be part of a panel that also included Professor … Continue reading
On April 15, Governor Andrew Cuomo signed legislation that adds New York to the list of states participating in the National Popular Vote interstate compact. This comes two months after Oklahoma’s Senate voted to do the same. (However, the Oklahoma legislation still needs to … Continue reading