Common Ground for Texans—an all volunteer organization—depends solely on contributions from supporters. Please donate today!
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The CG4TX Civility PledgeAs a member or supporter of Common Ground for Texans, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
- Coming Events
- CG4TX January 2018 meeting: “Endorsed by God? Blending Religion and Politics” 2018/01/07
- CG4TX November 2017 Meeting on Weather and Climate in Texas and Beyond 2017/11/07
- CG4TX October 2017 meeting on CodeNEXT from multiple district perspectives 2017/10/23
- CG4TX September 2017 meeting on the Mayor’s Task Force on Institutional Racism and Systemic Inequities 2017/10/10
- The new front in the gerrymandering wars 2017/09/28
Author Archives: Michael Ignatowski
One of the basic principles of international fair election standards is that the people running for elected office should not be allowed to set arbitrary rules that govern the actual election process. Historically this often leads to politicians manipulating the … Continue reading
Travis County Democrats and Republicans talking together – Can we do it better than the R’s and D’s in Washington?
On November 2nd, Common Ground for Texans hosted a community conversation with a panel of 3 Republican and 3 Democratic Travis County precinct chairs. The meeting was facilitated by Diane Miller, founder of Civic Collaboration, a firm that specializes in … Continue reading