Common Ground for Texans—an all volunteer organization—depends solely on contributions from supporters. Please donate today!
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The CG4TX Civility PledgeAs a member or supporter of Common Ground for Texans, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
- Coming Events
- CG4TX November 2017 Meeting on Weather and Climate in Texas and Beyond 2017/11/07
- CG4TX October 2017 meeting on CodeNEXT from multiple district perspectives 2017/10/23
- CG4TX September 2017 meeting on the Mayor’s Task Force on Institutional Racism and Systemic Inequities 2017/10/10
- The new front in the gerrymandering wars 2017/09/28
- How to have true conversations with people we disagree with 2017/07/09
Tag Archives: NPVIC
Our drive to elect Presidents by popular vote continues with an op-ed written by Elaine Wiant (president, League of Women Voters of Texas) and myself. In it, we explain how the Electoral College makes most Americans’ votes less relevant in … Continue reading
We have some good news! Rep. Ina Minjarez (D-San Antonio) has submitted a bill for Texas to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. The bill number is HB 496. Please email, call, or write to your state rep to … Continue reading
We’re working hard to get Texas to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC), and wanted to give you a quick update. Over the past few weeks, we’ve met with ten Representatives and Senators at the state capitol, and … Continue reading
At our November 13 board meeting, the Common Ground for Texans board of directors voted to advocate for the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC), a state-level statutory measure to make sure that the presidency goes to the candidate with … Continue reading