Common Ground for Texans—an all volunteer organization—depends solely on contributions from supporters. Please donate today!
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The CG4TX Civility PledgeAs a member or supporter of Common Ground for Texans, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
- Coming Events
- CG4TX November 2017 Meeting on Weather and Climate in Texas and Beyond 2017/11/07
- CG4TX October 2017 meeting on CodeNEXT from multiple district perspectives 2017/10/23
- CG4TX September 2017 meeting on the Mayor’s Task Force on Institutional Racism and Systemic Inequities 2017/10/10
- The new front in the gerrymandering wars 2017/09/28
- How to have true conversations with people we disagree with 2017/07/09
Category Archives: Tea Party
That’s the title of an insightful article by Jonathan Rauch in the July/August 2016 issue of The Atlantic. Mr. Rauch contends that a leading cause of the dysfunction of American politics and government is the well-intended reforms that dismantled much of the informal machinery … Continue reading
A new book, The Tea Party and the Remaking of Republican Conservatism, is reviewed in the current issue of Washington Monthly. The book’s authors, Theda Skocpol and Vanessa Williamson, are, respectively, a Harvard political sociologist and her graduate student. The reviewer, Steven M. Teles, is an associate professor of political … Continue reading