Common Ground for Texans—an all volunteer organization—depends solely on contributions from supporters. Please donate today!
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The CG4TX Civility PledgeAs a member or supporter of Common Ground for Texans, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
- Coming Events
- CG4TX November 2017 Meeting on Weather and Climate in Texas and Beyond 2017/11/07
- CG4TX October 2017 meeting on CodeNEXT from multiple district perspectives 2017/10/23
- CG4TX September 2017 meeting on the Mayor’s Task Force on Institutional Racism and Systemic Inequities 2017/10/10
- The new front in the gerrymandering wars 2017/09/28
- How to have true conversations with people we disagree with 2017/07/09
Author Archives: hjade
Since the 2012 elections both Democrats and Republicans have paid at least lip service in favor of comprehensive immigration reform (CIR). Proponents of comprehensive immigration reform argue for immigration laws that are not solely directed at deportations and border enforcement, … Continue reading
If Phil Gramm answered this question, he’d probably be more concerned about the 99% “whiners” than the 1% “winners”. Not so the crowd that turned out for the March 15th Bill Moyer’s Discussion Group meetup at Jorge’s restaurant. We met … Continue reading
The first meetup for the Bill Moyers Discussion Group is Thursday, Feb 16th at Jorge’s restaurant (2203 Hancock Drive, Austin, TX). Come at 6:15 p.m. for drinks and dinner. At 7:00 we’ll watch and then discuss the Bill Moyers interview … Continue reading