What can we learn from the record-breaking $6 billion spent by candidates, parties and outside groups in the 2012 election? In this PBS NewsHour segment, Judy Woodruff talks to Eliza Newlin Carney of Roll Call and Matea Gold of the LA Times about where all that money came from, who saw the best investment return, and the future of campaign spending.
Common Ground for Texans—an all volunteer organization—depends solely on contributions from supporters. Please donate today!
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The CG4TX Civility PledgeAs a member or supporter of Common Ground for Texans, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
- CG4TX November 2017 Meeting on Weather and Climate in Texas and Beyond 2017/11/07
- CG4TX October 2017 meeting on CodeNEXT from multiple district perspectives 2017/10/23
- CG4TX September 2017 meeting on the Mayor’s Task Force on Institutional Racism and Systemic Inequities 2017/10/10
- The new front in the gerrymandering wars 2017/09/28
- How to have true conversations with people we disagree with 2017/07/09