What can we learn from the record-breaking $6 billion spent by candidates, parties and outside groups in the 2012 election? In this PBS NewsHour segment, Judy Woodruff talks to Eliza Newlin Carney of Roll Call and Matea Gold of the LA Times about where all that money came from, who saw the best investment return, and the future of campaign spending.
Common Ground for Texans—an all volunteer organization—depends solely on contributions from supporters. Please donate today!
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The CG4TX Civility PledgeAs a member or supporter of Common Ground for Texans, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
- Coming Events
- Unrig the System Summit 2018/02/21
- MMD-PR: multi-member districts with proportional representation 2018/02/12
- CG4TX February 2018 meeting: “What do rural and urban Central Texas have in common?” 2018/02/09
- CG4TX January 2018 meeting: “Endorsed by God? Blending Religion and Politics” 2018/01/07
- CG4TX November 2017 Meeting on Weather and Climate in Texas and Beyond 2017/11/07