Almost fifty local and not so local citizens showed up at the Federal Courthouse in Austin Texas to remember the travesty put upon the American Democracy by the 2010 Supreme Court decision on F.E.C. v Citizens United to allow the flooding of even more money in our political system to drown out average American citizens. The Move to Amend local affiliate led by Mike Ryan, seen here in the black robe, gathered Occupy Austin and Coffee Party Austin members to join in the protest.
Common Ground for Texans—an all volunteer organization—depends solely on contributions from supporters. Please donate today!
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The CG4TX Civility PledgeAs a member or supporter of Common Ground for Texans, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
- Coming Events
- Unrig the System Summit 2018/02/21
- MMD-PR: multi-member districts with proportional representation 2018/02/12
- CG4TX February 2018 meeting: “What do rural and urban Central Texas have in common?” 2018/02/09
- CG4TX January 2018 meeting: “Endorsed by God? Blending Religion and Politics” 2018/01/07
- CG4TX November 2017 Meeting on Weather and Climate in Texas and Beyond 2017/11/07