On Saturday September 10, Dick Lavine of the Center for Public Policy Priorities gave a riveting talk to our September general meeting entitled “A Balanced Approach To Meeting the Needs of Texans.” He presented both the expenditure and revenue sides of the equation. It became very clear how we have arrived at the current structural deficit. A stimulating discussion ensued. To view his slide presentation, click here for PPTX (download) or here for PDF (view on screen).
Common Ground for Texans—an all volunteer organization—depends solely on contributions from supporters. Please donate today!
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The CG4TX Civility PledgeAs a member or supporter of Common Ground for Texans, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
- Coming Events
- MMD-PR: multi-member districts with proportional representation 2018/02/12
- CG4TX February 2018 meeting: “What do rural and urban Central Texas have in common?” 2018/02/09
- CG4TX January 2018 meeting: “Endorsed by God? Blending Religion and Politics” 2018/01/07
- CG4TX November 2017 Meeting on Weather and Climate in Texas and Beyond 2017/11/07
- CG4TX October 2017 meeting on CodeNEXT from multiple district perspectives 2017/10/23